In 2013, the Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH), the Malaysian Paediatric Association (MPA) and the Malaysian Society of Infectious Diseases & Chemotherapy (MSIDC) entered into a collaboration to mount Immunise4Life (IFL), an expert-driven community education initiative to promote immunisation for people of all ages against vaccine-preventable diseases and to address issues surrounding vaccination hesitancy and refusal.
Aims & Objectives
IFL is aimed at:
- Enabling the continual promotion of immunisation for people at all ages.
- Developing a ‘perpetual’ web-based resource for the nation.
- Paving the way to cultivate an e-community of pro-vaccination advocates.
IFL’s communications objectives include:
- To raise awareness on the importance of life-course vaccination in line with WHO policy.
- To support MOH in promoting the National Immunisation Programme.
- To promote vaccination for adults and additional recommended vaccines (ARV) for children (eg: influenza, chickenpox, rotavirus).
- To address vaccine hesitancy and refusal among the public.